10 Jun 2018

Once upon a time on Cyprus


Hello there! So I decided it’s the right time to continue with my story.
going back to my time on Cyprus, when it has all begun
I was an innocent girl. Just graduated from high school,
all excited about going to uni! Yaay.
Never have had a boyfriend in my life,
got drunk once when 16 with my mom
and her mom on the balcony in Bulgaria.
Never took drugs, never run away from home.
Skipping school on every occasion possible,
but every time telling my parents about it or asking plans with my mom.
Why would I go to school if I could go for some shopping and coffee?
Couldn’t be bothered. I wasn’t stupid tho. I was doing quite well in school.
I wasn’t making any problems, except being an antisocial smartass.
But what’s wrong with that?

I remember it like it was yesterday.
I went to some kind of a party organized by my school
and I went to hide from all the people to the "sitting room" underground.I was drinking and I started chatting with one of my colleagues.
I remember the moment he asked me something about the university community
and joining some kind of circles and me saying
"I would like that if I wasn't going to Cyprus in 3 days".
He's eyes got big like a plate of your grandma when she's trying to feed you.
And that was it.


I booked my flight, packed the suitcase of 23kg and just left.
Left my Polish life, my "friends", family
and all this things I have been working on for a quite long time.
But I wasn't attached to anything, to anyone.
It was one of the easiest decisions I've ever made in my life.
Can you imagine?
Leaving everything and starting all over being so easy?
It can be when you've got nothing to lose, when you've got nothing to regret.
What could have gone wrong? Only everything haha.
But I was 18 and I couldn't give a smaller shit.

Especially that I lost one of my good friends back then.
No, she hasn't died nor moved out.
She turned her back on me.
Yes, I am talking about you.
When I told her I was going to Cyprus, when I told her about my plans
looking for some kind of support from her side, for "you'll do great Nat".
You know what I received?
She gave me one of this looks 
"I am better than you" and said "well...guess who will have a better education over here..."
And that was it. After that she stopped talking to me, like she's never known me.
Till today's day we talk. Or more like we remember about each other on our birthday.
Year by year one message. On her birthday from me and on my day from her. And that's what's left from our "friendship".
We had our moments tho, haven't we?


And you know what? Here is when my life truly begun.
When I became my true self.
And if I could go back in time I wouldn't change a single...well,
I wouldn't change that much.
It made me who I am now and I am kind of amazing person right now.
And I've earned so much more than just money.
And that's something you don't measure with the size of your wallet.
It is something you don't dream of but when it happens it becomes something
that should always be your birthday wish

TO START LIVING.
AND YOU DO.
AND YOU NEVER REGRET THAT.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Nati! I appreciate your braveness and this young, spontaneous, energized spirit - the world needs people like you :)

    What I paid attention on was the strange reaction of your former friend. As long as you don't hurt anyone (or yourself) people don't have to understand the way you are - it's not their way anyway ;) But the important thing is not to hurt the other person intentionally, even with the mask of "protection" and accept that humans aren't the same like the other sock from pair. But you know... Losing some people in your life is mostly painful, but in the end will be just benefit for you. We realize about the demons they have to fight with (no happy people need to hurt others), it opens the new life chapters and opportunities for you and you're just healthier. Changes are good :)

    Keeping my fingers crossed for you in any choice you make!

    ReplyDelete